Kitchen Plumbing Service Memphis
Aside from your bathroom, your kitchen features your home’s highest concentration of plumbing. Often considered the heart of the home, your kitchen not only stores your food and cooking instruments, but it also serves as the most common meeting place for your loved ones. In short, your kitchen is arguably the most important area of your home. However, to ensure your space is always prepared for cooking, eating, and socializing, you must properly care for this hard-working area of your home, including paying special attention to your plumbing system.
Signs Your Kitchen Plumbing Needs Repair
The following signs indicate your kitchen plumbing is in need of repair:
- Leaky or dripping faucet
- Low water pressure from your faucet or your fridge’s water dispenser
- Sink that drains slowly or not at all
- Strong smells emanating from your sink drain
- Extremely loud or malfunctioning garbage disposal
- Leaks in the plumbing beneath your sink
- Wet spots on your floor, ceiling, or walls that do not dry
- Pools of standing water next to your sink, dishwasher, or refrigerator
- Mold growth in your kitchen
- Abnormally high water bills
Why Kitchen Plumbing Issues Need Prompt Attention
If you notice any of the signs above in your kitchen, contact a plumber right away. Even a seemingly minor issue like a dripping faucet can cause thousands of gallons in water waste over a year and significantly increase your water bill. Similarly, a clogged drain can lead to stagnant water build-up, encouraging the growth of bacteria that can seriously impact the health of your family members. When left untreated, kitchen plumbing issues become worse over time, causing more complicated, expensive, and time-consuming repairs. They can even affect the structural integrity of your home, causing you to spend additional funds to repair your foundation.
Appliance Installation, Repair, and Replacement
Along with your pipes, your appliances also require regular maintenance and can experience a number of issues that require urgent attention from a professional plumber.
- Dishwashers can leak, malfunction, or stop working altogether.
- Refrigerators can experience blockages or leaks in water lines
- Garbage disposals can become clogged with grease, bones, potato peels, and a variety of other food substances you put into your drain.
- Hot water heaters can suffer from a faulty gas line or simply fail to keep up with your home’s hot water demands.
A plumber can repair these issues or replace the appliance with a new model. A plumber can also install new kitchen appliances and plumbing in your newly built home or after a kitchen renovation.
Keep the Heart of Your Home Healthy
You rely on your kitchen to keep your family healthy and happy, so any signs of plumbing issues that arise should be handled immediately by contacting a professional plumber. At Premier Plumbing and Mechanical, we offer a complete range of plumbing services for your kitchen and every other area of your home, including drain cleaning, leak detection, and installation, repair, or replacement of your appliances. If your gas line or water heater is malfunctioning, we can take care of that, as well.
You may be tempted to try to handle the problem on your own, especially if a problem appears to have an easy solution. However, an issue like a clogged sink may be much more complicated than it seems – sticking a snake into your drain or dumping harsh chemicals into your system to fix the problem could actually make it worse. Even the most straightforward plumbing problems can rapidly spiral out of control, costing you both time and money.
Forego the risky DIY and seek help from the professionals at Premier Plumbing and Mechanical. Our licensed plumbers have the experience, knowledge, and tools to get the job done right the first time. Contact us today to discuss your kitchen plumbing problem.